Accidents, injuries, and emergencies can happen to anyone so being properly prepared for these situations is all-important. Ideally everyone should keep a first aid kit in their residence and also in their automobile.
First Aid Kit Basics
- Band-aids of all different sizes.
- 4” by 4” gauze pads and dressing bandages.
- 2” Dressing rolls
- Medical Tape
- Cotton balls and Q-tips
- Alcohol pads and antimicrobial hand wipes.
- Sterile water and Hydrogen Peroxide both in 16 oz. bottles.
- Ace Bandage
- Arm Sling
- Chemical ice and hot pack.
- Scissors, tweezers, and nail clippers.
- Clean String.
- Sterile gloves.
- Antibiotic ointment – For cuts and scrapes.
- Calamine lotion.
- Medicated sunburn spray.
- Insect bite relief spray or pads.
- Tylenol and Advil for pain and fever reduction.
- Benadryl for allergies, itching, and runny nose.
- Sudafed for stuffy noses.
- Throat lozenges.
Try to take a basic first aid and CPR course if possible it could be the difference between life or death for your family members and others you know.