Why: An emergency car kit can help you be prepared if an emergency arises while driving your vehicle and help to keep you out of dangerous situations that can happen while driving.
Basic Car Care Kit:
- First aid kit
- Tool box that includes basic tools such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, etc. and a roll of duct tape.
- Booster Cables to jump a dead or faulty battery and extra fuses.
- Brightly colored emergency sign that you can signal for help with.
- Emergency light or a flashlight.
- Cellular phone to call for help.
- Can of Fix a Flat and WD40.
- Bottles of water for vehicles that may overheat.
Additional Winter Items:
- Extra gloves, hats, and scarfs.
- Warm blankets.
- Shovel and rock salt or kitty litter.
- Always check the weather before going out to drive to check for any severe weather in your area.
- When taking long trips remember to bring something to drink and some non perishable food to eat in case you get stranded somewhere. Also check that all the major fluids in your vehicle are at the proper level.
- When you are traveling away from civilization all these items are a MUST and also make sure to bring sufficient amounts of these items to last for a prolonged period of time.
- Make sure you have a spare tire on your vehicle and that you are familiar with changing a tire.